Thursday, March 4, 2010

A spring letter to the Viggen

My dear RAG TAAP,

It's that time of year again. The flowers are thinking of blooming, the days are getting just a little longer, and I'm shelling out money for an ACC compressor. Again. Ain't spring grand? It's like deja vu; I swear I just did this less than two years ago. Oh, that's right. I DID!

So, is this going to be a trend, my little RAG TAAP? Am I going to have to replace the ACC compressor every spring, after you've blown up in October? If so, please let me know now so I can start saving for next year. Parts don't get cheaper the older you get; there is no AARP discount for over-the-hill SAAB parts. And contrary to popular belief, I don't have a money tree growing in the backyard!!!

Oh, and could you NOT snap the serpentine belt while I'm waiting for the compressor in the mail? That would be greatly appreciated. And it would keep me from driving you off of the nearest cliff.

Yours truly,

Me

Here's what I'm dishing out more cash for. Oh joy.

2 comments:

  1. LOL son has the exact same problem with his Escape, but since he is about to buy something new, and give the Escape to Salvation Army, he had car guy gut the compressor so serpentine belt turns smoothly and to heck with the AC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally! If you're donating the car that's the way to go. Unfortunately, there is no way I can go without AC in central FL in the summer. ;)

    ReplyDelete