Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Revenge of the Saab, Part 4

Yesterday was another visit to the mechanics for Rag Taap. I am having, yet again, ACC problems. In fact, I'm having the exact ACC problem I had 2 years ago and fixed August 08—the AC compressor. Rather then tell my story regarding this fucking problem again, you can read about it here:
Driving to Tampa in October, the new AC compressor died. Which means I get to a) do it all over again and spend over $500 so my entire engine doesn't sieze up, and b) spend more money to replace the anti-frost switch, which my mechanic thinks is the culprit (it's not working, so too much frost built up and "broke" the compressor). Of course, it would have been nice if, last August, my mechanic would have told me this. Fuck.

Unlike last year, my mechanic says I can drive the car, but should do so with the AC off (D'uh). Even then there is no guarantee that the ruined compressor won't snap the serpentine belt before I can get it fixed. Ah, the joys of auto ownership.

Merry Christmas to me. I guess I will be asking Santa for a new ACC compressor and some labor $$.

Have I said Fuck yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment